Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What’s Your Zodiac?

Females normally look into their horoscopes and zodiac signs more than males do. When opening a newspaper, the sports section looks much more enticing to a guy than what his day might require to be successful and have a happy ending to it. I live in this fantasy bubble where the glass is always half-full and I am said to always be smiling. I think that I am always optimistic with the simple knowledge that there is always someone else out there who is having a worse day or who has worse luck than I do. Sometimes reading a horoscope gives you an uplifted and temporary fantasy on that day. The word horoscope is derived from the Greek word horoskopos meaning “a look at the hours.” Your horoscope or zodiac sign is determined by the month and day you were born. The zodiac signs include Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. I fall under the sign of the water bearer, Aquarius. My horoscope for today reads… “The upbeat energy in your life is given a shot of joy, encouraging you to pick up your pace and get more accomplished. You probably won't need to wait a long time to know if you're on the right track. Although you're not usually one to shy away from new experiences, now your enthusiasm could be quickly rewarded.” Horoscopes are also used in terms of yearly and monthly predictions, love compatibilities, and general characteristics. I enjoy reading my horoscope just as much as reading the Chinese fortune cookies, whether or not they are at times farfetched and/or unrealistic.

No comments: